The Michigan Parkour Association is the First and only Parkour Association in the state!
The mission of The Michigan Parkour Association is simple. To unite all Parkour enthusiasts across the state under one roof. To set the example and standards for professionalism of the movement and to be a resource for enthusiasts providing news, videos, fitness and conditioning, inspiration and a place to network for all.
All the groups listed in our Local Groups section have made the commitment to the movement and association and are officially recognized by the Michigan Parkour Association as groups honoring and following the practices and standards set in place by the association. Looking for a group that trains hard, respects their environment? Find one under our Local Groups Section.
We, as an association, pledge to…
- Promote the positive image of Parkour not as a reckless behavior but as a practice that involves serious training, time, commitment and a level of professionalism.
- When asked to leave we shall leave not say and argue, we will apologize and be on our way.
- When asked to co-operate we shall.
- We pledge to look after our community and environment, shall we “break” something we will offer to fix it.
- We will not litter our environment.
- We will train hard and practice at least once weekly.
- We will constantly work to improve our skills and knowledge of the practice.
- We will help others see Parkour as a respected practice by sharing the real meaning of the movement with those who may not understand it.
- We will help everyone in our group/team learn and grow together, no one will be left out or behind that doesn’t want to be.
- We pledge to be a part of a bigger Parkour community and always welcome other practitioners with open arms and open minds.